1.7. Compiling and Configuring the Design Example in Hardware
To compile the hardware design example and configure it on your Intel® Stratix® 10 device, follow these steps:
- Ensure hardware design example generation is complete.
- In the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software, open the Intel® Quartus® Prime project <design_example_dir>/hardware_test_design/alt_e100s10.qpf.
- On the Processing menu, click Start Compilation.
- After successful compilation, a .sof file is available in your <design_example_dir>/hardware_test_design/output_files directory. Follow these steps to program the hardware design example on the Intel® Stratix® 10 device:
- On the Tools menu, click Programmer.
- In the Programmer, click Hardware Setup.
- Select a programming device.
- Select and add the Intel® Stratix® 10 Transceiver Signal Integrity Development Kit to which your Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition session can connect.
- Ensure that Mode is set to JTAG.
- Select the Intel® Stratix® 10 device and click Add Device. The Programmer displays a block diagram of the connections between the devices on your board.
- In the row with your .sof, check the box for the .sof.
- Check the box in the Program/Configure column.
- Click Start.
Did you find the information on this page useful?