1.9. Nios II HAL Driver
These files implement the Generic Serial Flash Interface core device driver for the HAL system library.
Nios® II HAL supports a number of generic device model classes including one for device flashes. Developing against these generic classes gives a consistent interface for driver functions so that the HAL can access the driver functions uniformly.
- Enable altera_safeclib in BSP Software Package from BSP Editor to use the HAL API.
- The HAL API does not reset the error bits, thus needs to reset manually depending on the flash device, for example:
- Clear flag status register for Micron flash.
- Clear status register for Cypress flash.
- Sector protection related operations are not supported in the HAL API.