2. HDMI 2.1 Design Example (Support FRL = 1)
|Design Example||Data Rate||Channel Mode||Loopback Type|
Arria 10 HDMI RX-TX Retransmit
||Simplex||Parallel with FIFO buffer|
- The design instantiates FIFO buffers to perform a direct HDMI video stream passthrough between the HDMI 2.1 sink and source.
- The design is capable to switch between FRL mode and TMDS mode during run time.
- The design uses LED status for early debugging stage.
- The design comes with HDMI RX and TX instances.
- The design demonstrates the insertion and filtering of Dynamic Range and Mastering (HDR) InfoFrame in RX-TX link module.
- The design negotiates the FRL rate between the sink connected to TX and the source connected to RX. The design passes through the EDID from the external sink to the on-board RX in default configuration. The Nios® II processor negotiates the link base on the capability of the sink connected to TX. You can also toggle the user_dipsw on-board switch to manually control the TX and RX FRL capabilities.
- The design includes several debugging features.
The RX instance receives a video source from the external video generator, and the data then goes through a loopback FIFO before it is transmitted to the TX instance. You need to connect an external video analyzer, monitor, or a television with HDMI connection to the TX core to verify the functionality.