4.3. Custom Instruction Subordinate
You can use the Platform Designer Component Editor to instantiate a Nios® V processor custom instruction subordinate based on your custom hardware. The Platform Designer component editor enables you to create new components in the Platform Designer system.
Implementing a custom instruction involves using the custom instruction tool flow and comprises of the following tasks:
- Writing the custom instruction HDL file
- Opening the component editor
- Specifying the custom instruction component type
- Displaying the custom instruction block symbol
- Adding the HDL files
- Configuring the custom instruction parameter type
- Setting up the custom instruction interfaces
- Saving and adding the custom instruction
- Generating the system and compiling in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software
Did you find the information on this page useful?