4.3.1. Writing the Custom Instruction HDL File 4.3.2. Opening the Component Editor 4.3.3. Specifying the Custom Instruction Component Type 4.3.4. Displaying the Custom Instruction Block Symbol 4.3.5. Adding the Custom Instruction HDL File 4.3.6. Configuring the Custom Instruction Parameter Type 4.3.7. Setting Up the Custom Instruction Interfaces 4.3.8. Saving and Adding the Custom Instruction 4.3.9. Generating and Compiling the Processor System
4.3.8. Saving and Adding the Custom Instruction
To save and add the custom instruction to the Nios® V processor, follow these steps:
- Click Finish. A dialog box prompts you to save your changes before exiting.
- Click Yes, Save. The new custom instruction appears in the Platform Designer Component Library.
- In the Platform Designer Component Library, under Library, search for the newly created custom instruction component.
- Click Add to add the new instruction to the Platform Designer system.
- In the Connections panel, connect the Nios V Custom Instruction Subordinate interface to the Nios V Custom Instruction Manager interface.
Figure 25. Custom Instruction Connection
Did you find the information on this page useful?