4.2.6. The Memory Tab
This tab allows you to read and write DDR4 DIMM-2A (DIMM-I) and DDR4 DIMM-2B (DIMM-II) memory on your board. RDIMMS only tests DIMM-II while RDIMMD tests DIMM-I and DIMM-II. Download the design through BTS Configure.
The following sections describe controls on this tab.
Initiates DDR4 memory transaction performance analysis.
Terminates transaction performance analysis.
Resets transaction performance analysis.
These controls display current transaction performance analysis information collected since you last clicked Start:
- Write and Read performance bars: Show the percentage of maximum theoretical data rate that the requested transactions are able to achieve.
- Write (MBps) and Read (MBps): Show the number of bytes analyzed per second.
- Data Bus: 72 bits (8 bits ECC) wide, reference clock is 166.666 MHz, and the frequency is 1333.33 MHz double data rate 2666.66 MT/s.
- Test Size: You can choose the size of the memory to test. The available options are 64 KB, 256 KB, 1 MB, 16 MB, 64 MB, 256 MB, 1 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, and 16GB (default).
- Offset (Hex): You can define the memory start address to test.
- Test Mode: Infinite Read and Write (default), Single Read and Write.
- Test Pattern: PRBS (default), User Defined Constant, Walking ‘0’, Walking ‘1'.
This control displays data errors detected during analysis and allows you to insert errors:
- Detected Errors: Displays the number of data errors detected in the hardware.
- Inserted Errors: Displays the number of errors inserted into the transaction stream.
- Insert: Insert a one-word error into the transaction stream each time you click the button. Insert error is only enabled during transaction performance analysis.
- Clear: Resets the Detected Errors counter and Inserted Errors counter to zeros.