2. Overview of the Intel® FPGA Power and Thermal Calculator
This document describes how to use the Intel® FPGA Power and Thermal Calculator (PTC). The Intel® FPGA PTC estimates your design's power consumption and provides thermal design parameters for Intel® Agilex™ and Intel® Stratix® 10 devices.1 The Intel® FPGA PTC allows early analysis of the factors contributing to FPGA power consumption, allowing you to adjust your design for greater power and thermal efficiency.
Key abilities of the Intel® FPGA PTC include:
- Estimate the power consumption of your design before creating , and at various stages during the design process.
- Determine preliminary thermal assessments of your design.
- Section data input and results along hierarchical boundaries to view and improve power consumption per design hierarchy.
- Export, import, and reuse Intel® FPGA PTC data for a particular design hierarchy.2
Once your design is ready to compile, switch to the Intel® Quartus® Prime Power Analyzer for more accurate power analysis results. The Intel® Quartus® Prime Power Analyzer produces more accurate results because the Compiler generates more detailed information about your design that influences the analysis tool, such as routing and configuration information that impact power consumption.
Did you find the information on this page useful?