1. Single-Port Triple-Speed Ethernet and On-Board PHY Chip Reference Design
The Single-Port Triple-Speed Ethernet and On-Board PHY Chip reference designs demonstrate Ethernet operations of the Altera® Triple-Speed Ethernet IP core with on-board Marvell 88E1111 PHY chips. In these reference designs, the Triple-Speed Ethernet IP core connects to the on-board PHY chip through either the Reduce Gigabit Media Independent Interface (RGMII) or the Serial Gigabit Media Independent Interface (SGMII).
- Minimal hardware requirement for a complete test.
- Implementation of one Triple-Speed Ethernet IP core instance supporting 10/100/1000-Mbps Ethernets operations with RGMII or SGMII with auto-negotiation.
- Support for programmable test parameters such as number of packets, packet length, source and destination MAC addresses, and payload-data type.
- Support for sequential random bursts test that enables the configuration of each burst for the number of packets, payload-data type, and payload size.
- Demonstration of Ethernet packets transmission and reception through internal loopback path at the maximum theoretical data rates without errors.
- Support for gathering throughput statistics.
- Support for System Console user interface.
Did you find the information on this page useful?