1.1. Prerequisites for HAL Device Driver Development
This document targets advanced systems developers with a basic understanding of the following concepts:
- Nios II application development, including creating and building software applications and BSPs with the Nios II SBT, including the Nios II SBT for Eclipse.
- The Quartus® II software, including opening Quartus II projects that match the target board, launching the Qsys system integration tool, and examining various peripheral settings.
- Using the Quartus II Programmer tool to program an SRAM Object File (.sof) to an FPGA through an Altera® USB-Blaster™ download cable.
- The "Nios II Hardware Development Tutorial", available on the Nios II Hardware Development Design Example page of the Altera website
- The "Getting Started with the Graphical User Interface" chapter of the Nios II Software Developer's Handbook
- The "Getting Started from the Command Line" chapter of the Nios II Software Developer's Handbook
Did you find the information on this page useful?