184.108.40.206.1. Controlling Avalon-ST Configuration with Parallel Flash Loader II Intel® FPGA IP
You can use the Parallel Flash Loader II Intel® FPGA IP to either program the flash memory devices, configure your FPGA, or both. To perform both functions, create separate Parallel Flash Loader II Intel® FPGA IP functions if any of the following conditions apply to your design:
- You modify the flash data infrequently.
- You have JTAG or In-System Programming (ISP) access to the configuration host.
- You want to program the flash memory device with non-Intel FPGA data, for example initialization storage for an ASSP. You can use the Parallel Flash Loader II Intel® FPGA IP to program the flash memory device for the following purposes:
- To write the initialization data
- To store your design source code to implement the read and initialization control with the host logic