1.2.1. Project Hierarchy 1.2.2. Parameter Settings for PCI Express Hard IP Variations 1.2.3. PCIe* Avalon® -MM DMA Reference Design Platform Designer Systems 1.2.4. DMA Procedure Steps 1.2.5. Setting Up the Hardware 1.2.6. Programming the Intel® Cyclone® 10 GX FPGA Oscillator 1.2.7. Installing the DMA Test Driver and Running the Linux DMA Software
1.1.1. DMA Reference Design Hardware and Software Requirements
The reference design runs on the following development kits:
- Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA Development Kit
- Intel® Cyclone® 10 GX FPGA Development Kit
- Intel® Stratix® 10 FPGA Development Kit
The reference design requires two computers:
- A computer with a PCIe* Gen3 x8 or x16 slot running Linux. This computer is computer number 1.
- A second computer with the Intel® Quartus® Prime software version 18.0 installed. This computer downloads the FPGA SRAM Object File (.sof) to the FPGA on the development kit. This computer is computer number 2.
- The reference design software installed on computer number 1. The reference designs are available in the Intel FPGA Design Store. The Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Platform Archive File (.par) includes the recommended synthesis, fitter, and timing analysis settings for the parameters specified in the reference designs.
- The Intel® Quartus® Prime software installed on computer number 2. You can download this software from Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Software Features/Download web page.
- The Linux driver configured specifically for these reference designs.
Did you find the information on this page useful?