1.7. Hardware Installation
- Power down computer #1 and plug the development board into the PCI Express slot. For an x1 operation, use a PCI Express lane converter.
- Install the Intel® FPGA Download Cable on the host computer.
- Program the FPGA with the reference design using the Intel® Quartus® Prime software on computer #2.
- If you are using the on-board/integrated Intel® FPGA Download Cable, use a USB cable.
- Otherwise, use the Intel® FPGA Download Cable connection between computer #2 and the development board on computer #1.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the USB port on the development board.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the USB port on the computer running the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, i.e. computer #2.
To download the Intel® FPGA Download Cable driver, go to the Intel support site at Cable and Adapter Drivers Information.
For installation instructions, go to USB-Blaster Driver Installation for Windows.
Did you find the information on this page useful?