1.4. Setting Up the Hardware
- Power down computer number 1.
- Plug the Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA development kit card into a PCIe* slot that supports Gen3 x16.
- For the Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA development kit, connectors J26 and J27 power the card. After inserting the card into an available PCIe* slot, connect 2x4- and 2x3-pin PCIe* power cables from the power supply of computer number 1 to the J26 and J27 connectors of the PCIe* card, respectively.
- Connect a USB cable from computer number 2 to the Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA development kit. The development kit includes an on-board Intel FPGA Download Cable for FPGA programming.
- To power up the Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA development kit via the PCIe* slot, power on computer number 1. Alternatively, you can power up the Intel® Stratix® 10 MX FPGA development kit using the external power adapter that ships with the kit.
- On computer number 2, bring up the Intel® Quartus® Prime programmer and configure the FPGA through an Intel FPGA Download Cable.
Note: You must reconfigure the FPGA whenever the FPGA development kit loses power.
- To force system enumeration to discover the PCIe* device, restart computer number 1.
Did you find the information on this page useful?