1.1. PCI Express Gen3 x16 Avalon-MM DMA with External and HBM2 Memory Hardware and Software Requirements
The reference design runs on the following development kits:
- Intel® Stratix® 10 FPGA MX development kit (using a DDR4 HiLo module and an HBM2 memory). This development kit uses a 1SM21BHU2F53E2VG Intel® Stratix® 10 device.
The reference design requires two computers:
- A computer with a PCIe* Gen3 x16 slot running Linux. This computer is computer number 1.
- A second computer with the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software version 19.2 installed. This computer downloads the FPGA SRAM Object File (.sof) to the FPGA on the development kit. This computer is computer number 2.
- The reference design software is installed on computer number 1. The reference design is available in the Intel FPGA Design Store. The Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Platform Archive File (.par) includes the recommended synthesis, fitter, and timing analysis settings for the parameters specified in the reference design.
- The Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software is installed on computer number 2.
- The Linux driver is configured specifically for this reference design.
Note: The driver was developed and tested on CentOS 7.0, 64-bit with 3.10.514 kernel compiled for the x86_64 architecture.
- Intel® Stratix® 10 PCI Express* Gen3 x16 Avalon® -MM DMA with DDR4 SDRAM and HBM2 Memories Reference Design
To download the design software, go to:
- Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Download Center: http://fpgasoftware.intel.com/?edition=pro
Did you find the information on this page useful?