2.1. Intel® FPGA AI Suite SoC Design Example Prerequisites
- Intel Agilex® 7 FPGA I-Series Transceiver-SoC Development Kit (4x F-Tile)
This development kit features an Intel Agilex® 7 I-Series SoC device with 4 F-Tiles (OPN: AGIB027R31B1E1V).Important: The Intel® FPGA AI Suite requires memory with an x8 or higher transfer width. The RAM device provided with the Intel Agilex® 7 FPGA I-Series Transceiver-SoC Development Kit provides only a x4 transfer width. For more details and recommended RAM modules, refer to Intel Agilex 7 FPGA I-Series Transceiver-SoC Development Kit Hardware Requirements.
For more details about this development kit, refer to the following URL: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/agilex/si-agi027.html
- Intel® Arria® 10 SX SoC FPGA Development Kit
This development kit features an Intel® Arria® 10 SX 660 device (OPN: 10AS066N3F40E2SG) with a " -2" speed grade with the included DDR4 HILO memory cards.
For more details about this development kit, refer to the following URL:
In addition, the following hardware components are required:
- SDHC flash card, class 10 speed or faster (minimum 2 GB but 4 GB or more is recommended)
- Mini-USB cable suitable for connecting the development board to a host PC
- Ethernet cable suitable for connecting the development board to a network to provide access from a host PC on the same network
The host PC must use a supported operating system (Ubuntu* 18.04, Ubuntu* 20.04, or Red Hat* Enterprise Linux* 8), and must have an internet connection to install the software dependencies.
Ubuntu* 18.04 systems require GCC and G++ Version 8.4 available as the default compiler version.
To build bitstreams, Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition Version 23.3 must be installed on the host system.
Although the development host system does not need to be the same as the system used to build packages and bitstreams, this guide does not explicitly cover the scenario where they are distinct.