A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
- 3.4. Listing the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Offline Compiler Command Options (no argument, -help, or -h)
- 7.5. Specifying the Name of an Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Offline Compiler Output File (-o <filename>)
- 7.6. Compiling a Kernel for a Specific FPGA Board and Custom Platform (-board=<board_name>) and (-board-package=<board_package_path>)
- 7.13. Converting Warning Messages from the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Offline Compiler into Error Messages (-Werror)
- 7.17. Forcing a Single Store Ring to Reduce Area at the Expense of Write Throughput to Global Memory (-force-single-store-ring)
- 7.18. Forcing Fewer Read Data Reorder Units to Reduce Area at the Expense of Read Throughput to Global Memory (-num-reorder)
8.10. Emulator Known Issues
A few known issues might affect your use of the emulator. Review these issues to avoid possible problems when using the emulator.
Autorun kernels shut down only after a host program exits, not after a clReleaseProgram() call.
Some compiler diagnostics are not yet implemented for the emulator.
CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES Error Returned From clEnqueueNDRangeKernel()
This can occur when the kernel used more __private or __local memory than the emulator supports by default.
Try setting the CL_CONFIG_CPU_FORCE_PRIVATE_MEM_SIZE or the CL_CONFIG_CPU_FORCE_LOCAL_MEM_SIZE environment variables, as described in Emulator Environment Variables.
CL_INVALID_VALUE Error Returned From clCreateKernel()
It is possible a call to the clBuildProgram() was missed.
This call is required by the OpenCL specification, even if a program is created from a binary. See section 5.4.2 of the OpenCL Specification version 1.0 for details.
Did you find the information on this page useful?