2.2. MCTP Packetization Support
- The message body represents the payload of an MCTP message. The message body can span multiple MCTP packets.
- MCTP packet payload refers to the portion of the message body of an MCTP message that is carried in a single MCTP packet.
- Transmission Unit refers to the size of the portion of the MCTP packet payload.
Transmission Unit Size
- The baseline transmission unit (minimum transmission unit) size for MCTP is 64 bytes.
- All MCTP control messages are required to have a packet payload that is no larger than the baseline transmission unit without negotiation. (The negotiation mechanism for larger transmission units between endpoints is message type-specific and is not addressed in MCTP Base specification)
- Any MCTP message whose message body size is bigger than 64 bytes shall be split into multiple packets for a single message transmission.
Did you find the information on this page useful?