1. Intel® MAX® 10 Analog to Digital Converter Overview
|Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Suite 22.1|
The ADC solution consists of hard IP blocks in the Intel® MAX® 10 device periphery and soft logic through the Modular ADC Core Intel® FPGA IP and Modular Dual ADC Core Intel® FPGA IP.
The ADC solution provides you with built-in capability to translate analog quantities to digital data for information processing, computing, data transmission, and control systems. The basic function is to provide a 12 bit digital representation of the analog signal being observed.
The ADC solution works in two modes:
- Normal mode—monitors single-ended external inputs with a cumulative sampling rate of up to 1 million samples per second (MSPS):
- Single ADC devices—up to 17 single-ended external inputs (one dedicated analog and 16 dual function input pins)
- Dual ADC devices—up to 18 single-ended external inputs (one dedicated analog and eight dual function input pins in each ADC block)
- Temperature sensing mode—monitors external temperature data input with a sampling rate of up to 50 kilosamples per second. In dual ADC devices, only the first ADC block supports this mode.
Did you find the information on this page useful?