1. Answers to Top FAQs 2. Introduction to Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing 3. System Requirements and Prerequisites 4. Downloading and Installing Intel FPGA Software 5. Licensing Intel® FPGA Software 6. About Intel® FPGA Software License Files A. Getting Hardware Information for License B. Using the Intel FPGA Self-Service Licensing Center C. Intel FPGA Software Installation and Licensing Archives D. Document Revision History for Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing
4.1. Software Available in the FPGA Software Download Center 4.2. Installation Path 4.3. Downloading and Installing with Individual Executable Files 4.4. Downloading and Installing Using .tar Files 4.5. Setting Intel® Quartus® Prime Environment Variables 4.6. Starting the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software 4.7. Installing Programming Cable Drivers 4.8. Installing and Configuring a JTAG Server 4.9. Adding Device Support and Other Intel FPGA Software to Existing Installation 4.10. Managing Multiple Versions and Copies of Intel FPGA Software 4.11. Updating Intel FPGA Software 4.12. Uninstalling Intel FPGA Software
5.1.1. Intel® Quartus® Prime Software License 5.1.2. Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition Software License 5.1.3. Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition and Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software License 5.1.4. Intellectual Property (IP) Cores Licenses 5.1.5. Development Kits Containing the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software 5.1.6. Nios® II Embedded Design Suite License 5.1.7. Siemens EDA* AXI Verification IP Suite License (Intel FPGA Edition) 5.1.8. University Program Software Licenses
5.5.1. Installing the FLEXlm License Manager Server Software on Another License Server 5.5.2. Upgrading the FLEXlm License Manager Server Software 5.5.3. (Windows Only) Starting and Stopping the License Server 5.5.4. (Windows Only) Starting the License Server Automatically 5.5.5. Rereading an Existing License File on a License Server
B.1. Using the License Assistant B.2. Getting a License File with Your New Purchase B.3. Viewing Licenses B.4. Filtering Your Licenses B.5. Viewing and Generating a Legacy License B.6. Viewing Licenses or License Files Associated to a Computer B.7. Regenerating a License File B.8. Generating a Temporary Checkout License B.9. Generating a Companion License B.10. Renewing Your License B.11. Managing a Computer Profile B.12. Rehosting a License on a Different Computer B.13. Rehosting All Licenses from Current Computer to a Different Computer B.14. Rehosting Multiple/Partial Licenses from Current Computer to a Different Computer B.15. Sharing a License with Another User B.16. Adding Delegate Administrators to Your Licenses and Computers B.17. Splitting Seats on Your License and Generating Licenses B.18. Merging or Adding Seats on Your License and Generating License B.19. Adding Floating Seats B.20. Signing Up for an Evaluation or Free License B.21. Signing Up For an Employee License
B. Using the Intel FPGA Self-Service Licensing Center
The Intel FPGA Self-Service Licensing Center allows you to view, request, activate, and manage your software licenses. You must have a My Intel account to access the Self-Service Licensing Center.
Besides requesting licensing files and activating software, you can perform the following tasks with the Self-Service Licensing Center:
- View existing licenses—you can view all your existing licenses, including their expiration dates, available rehosts, and licensed users.
- Renew licenses—you can renew your existing licenses.
- Rehost licenses—you can transfer your existing licenses from one computer to another. You have a total of three rehosts for each license.
- Add seats to a floating license—you can add seats to your existing floating licenses.
- Manage license users—you can specify the licensed user for each of your existing licenses.
- View license history—you can view the license file history for each computer that you add to your My Intel account.
Additionally, you can also split a floating license, obtain a checkout license, or obtain a companion license with the Self-Service Licensing Center.
Refer to the following topics for detailed instructions:
Using the License Assistant
Getting a License File with Your New Purchase
Filtering Your Licenses
Viewing and Generating a Legacy License
Viewing Licenses or License Files Associated to a Computer
Regenerating a License File
Generating a Temporary Checkout License
Generating a Companion License
Renewing Your License
Managing a Computer Profile
Rehosting a License on a Different Computer
Rehosting All Licenses from Current Computer to a Different Computer
Rehosting Multiple/Partial Licenses from Current Computer to a Different Computer
Sharing a License with Another User
Adding Delegate Administrators to Your Licenses and Computers
Splitting Seats on Your License and Generating Licenses
Merging or Adding Seats on Your License and Generating License
Adding Floating Seats
Signing Up for an Evaluation or Free License
Signing Up For an Employee License
Did you find the information on this page useful?