1. Answers to Top FAQs 2. Introduction to Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing 3. System Requirements and Prerequisites 4. Downloading and Installing Intel FPGA Software 5. Licensing Intel® FPGA Software 6. About Intel® FPGA Software License Files A. Getting Hardware Information for License B. Using the Intel FPGA Self-Service Licensing Center C. Intel FPGA Software Installation and Licensing Archives D. Document Revision History for Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing
4.1. Software Available in the FPGA Software Download Center 4.2. Installation Path 4.3. Downloading and Installing with Individual Executable Files 4.4. Downloading and Installing Using .tar Files 4.5. Setting Intel® Quartus® Prime Environment Variables 4.6. Starting the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software 4.7. Installing Programming Cable Drivers 4.8. Installing and Configuring a JTAG Server 4.9. Adding Device Support and Other Intel FPGA Software to Existing Installation 4.10. Managing Multiple Versions and Copies of Intel FPGA Software 4.11. Updating Intel FPGA Software 4.12. Uninstalling Intel FPGA Software
5.1.1. Intel® Quartus® Prime Software License 5.1.2. Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition Software License 5.1.3. Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition and Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software License 5.1.4. Intellectual Property (IP) Cores Licenses 5.1.5. Development Kits Containing the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software 5.1.6. Nios® II Embedded Design Suite License 5.1.7. Siemens EDA* AXI Verification IP Suite License (Intel FPGA Edition) 5.1.8. University Program Software Licenses
5.5.1. Installing the FLEXlm License Manager Server Software on Another License Server 5.5.2. Upgrading the FLEXlm License Manager Server Software 5.5.3. (Windows Only) Starting and Stopping the License Server 5.5.4. (Windows Only) Starting the License Server Automatically 5.5.5. Rereading an Existing License File on a License Server
B.1. Using the License Assistant B.2. Getting a License File with Your New Purchase B.3. Viewing Licenses B.4. Filtering Your Licenses B.5. Viewing and Generating a Legacy License B.6. Viewing Licenses or License Files Associated to a Computer B.7. Regenerating a License File B.8. Generating a Temporary Checkout License B.9. Generating a Companion License B.10. Renewing Your License B.11. Managing a Computer Profile B.12. Rehosting a License on a Different Computer B.13. Rehosting All Licenses from Current Computer to a Different Computer B.14. Rehosting Multiple/Partial Licenses from Current Computer to a Different Computer B.15. Sharing a License with Another User B.16. Adding Delegate Administrators to Your Licenses and Computers B.17. Splitting Seats on Your License and Generating Licenses B.18. Merging or Adding Seats on Your License and Generating License B.19. Adding Floating Seats B.20. Signing Up for an Evaluation or Free License B.21. Signing Up For an Employee License
3.1. Minimum Hardware Requirements
Before installing the Intel® Quartus® Prime software, ensure your hardware conforms to these requirements.
For the most up-to-date FPGA software operating system requirements, refer to the Operating System Support page. The Intel® Quartus® Prime software requires:
- A Windows* PC or Linux workstation.
- A minimum CPU of 64-bit Intel® Nehalem (2008) or an AMD Bulldozer (2011) microarchitecture processor with SSE4.2 instruction set or later.
- A monitor capable of at least 1024 x 768 display resolution.
- At least 36 GB of free disk space to contain copies of uncompressed version installation files. For disk space requirements for individual software components or Intel® FPGA IP cores, follow these instructions:
- Visit the FPGA Software Download Center.
- Select the desired software product from the collection.
- Within the selected software product landing page, see System Requirements section. For additional memory recommendations, refer to the release notes under Documentation Links section.
- Intel® recommends that your system be configured to provide virtual memory equal in size or larger than the recommended physical RAM size that is required to process your design.
- The disk space may be significantly more based on the device families included in the install. Prior to installation, the disk space should be enough to hold both zipped tar files and uncompressed installation files. After successful installation, delete the downloaded zipped files and uncompressed zip files to release the disk space.
Did you find the information on this page useful?