1.1. 5G User Image Features
- Functionality independent of 25G I/O (look-aside model).
- Support for one physical function (PF) and 8 virtual functions (VFs) simultaneously accessing acceleration.
- 64 queues supported equally split between uplink and downlink.
- Multiqueue high-performance DMA
- Hybrid automatic repeat request (HARQ) block
- LDPC transmitter with interleaving and rate matching.
- LDPC receiver with de-interleaving function and reverse rate matching.
- Load balancer distributes the pending requests to transmitter and receiver.
- Early termination CRC24B.
- Software enablement by baseband device (bbdev) API (targeted to upstream to Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK).
- Function-level reset.
Fronthaul IO features:
- 25G MAC and 25G PHY IP connectivity to retimer and a quad small form factor pluggable (QSFP28).
- 40G MAC and 40G PHY IP connectivity to Intel XL710 networking device.
- Gearbox to enable 25G connectivity to QSFP28.
- IEEE 1588 PTP support.
- Software enablement by Open Platform Acceleration Environment (OPAE), DPDK and bbdev.