6. Compiling the Accelerator Function (AF)
To generate a synthesis build environment to compile an AF, use the afu_synth_setup command as following:
- Change to the DMA AFU sample directory:
- Generate the design build directory:
afu_synth_setup --source=./hw/rtl/filelist.txt build_synth
- From the synthesis build directory generated by afu_synth_setup, enter the following commands from a terminal window to generate an AF for the target hardware platform:
cd build_synth run.sh
The run.sh AF generation script creates the AF image with the same base filename as the AFU’s platform configuration file with a .gbs suffix at the location: $OPAE_PLATFORM_ROOT/hw/samples/dma_afu/build_synth/dma_afu.gbs.
- Create an unsigned copy of the generated .gbs file:
PACSign PR -t UPDATE -H openssl_manager -i dma_afu.gbs -o dma_afu_unsigned.gbsNote: If your Intel® PAC already implements bitstream authentication, review the steps outlined in the Security User Guide: Intel® Programmable Acceleration Card with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA to sign the DMA bitstream.