1.1. Prerequisites for the Intel® FPGA RTE for OpenCL™ Pro Edition
Accelerator boards requirements:
- Acquire a Reference Platform from Intel® , or a Custom Platform from an Intel® preferred board vendor.
For more information, refer to the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL FPGA Platforms page on the Intel® FPGA website.
Deployment system requirements:
- You must have administrator privileges on the development system to install the necessary packages and drivers.
- The deployment system has at least 70 megabytes (MB) of free disk space for software installation.
- For RAM requirements on the deployment system, follow these instructions:
Tip: Refer to board vendor's documentation on the recommended system storage size.
- Visit the FPGA Software Download Center.
- Select the desired software product from the collection.
- Within the selected software product landing page, see System Requirements section. For additional memory recommendations, refer to the latest Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition release notes.
The host system must run on one of the following supported operating systems:
- For a list of supported Windows and Linux operating systems, refer to the Operating System Support page on the Intel® FPGA website.
- Linux versions as supported on Intel® SoC FPGA products on the Arm* ARMv7-A architecture.
For x86_64 Linux systems, install the Linux OS kernel source and headers (for example, kernel-devel.x86_64 and kernel-headers.x86_64), and the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) (gcc.x86_64).
To install the Linux kernel source or header package, invoke the yum install <kernel_package_name> command.
You must have administrator privileges on the host system to install the necessary packages and drivers.
Develop your host application using one of the following RTE-compatible C compiler or software development environment:
- For Windows systems, use Microsoft Visual Studio Professional and Microsoft Visual C++ versions 2015 or later.
- For Linux systems, use Eclipse 2019-12 or later and GCC 7.2.0. For more information about GCC, refer to GCC Requirement.
- For SoC applications, use the GCC cross-compiler available with the Intel® SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite (EDS).
Linux systems require the Perl command version 5 or later. Include the path to the Perl command in your PATH system environment variable setting.
For Intel® FPGA RTE for OpenCL™ packages that include Intel Code Builder, Intel Code Builder requires Java SE version 1.8.71 or later to run.
Did you find the information on this page useful?