1. Partial Reconfiguration over PCI Express* Reference Design for Intel® Arria® 10 Devices
|Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Suite 18.1|
Intel® Arria® 10 devices use the PR over PCIe* solution to reconfigure the device, rather than Configuration via Protocol (CvP) update. Partial reconfiguration allows you to reconfigure a portion of the FPGA dynamically, while the remaining FPGA design continues to function. Create multiple personas for a particular region in your design, without impacting operation in areas outside this region. Partial reconfiguration enables the implementation of more complex FPGA systems.
- Allows run-time design reconfiguration
- Increases scalability of the design through time-multiplexing
- Lowers cost and power consumption through efficient use of board space
- Supports dynamic time-multiplexing functions in the design
- Improves initial programming time through smaller bitstreams
- Reduces system down-time through line upgrades
- Enables easy system update by allowing remote hardware change
Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software v.18.1 introduces a new and simplified compilation flow for partial reconfiguration.
Did you find the information on this page useful?