1.6. Compiling and Configuring the Design Example in Hardware
- Ensure hardware example design generation is complete.
- In the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software, open the Intel® Quartus® Prime project <design_example_installation_dir>/example_design/quartus/example_design.qpf>.
- On the Processing menu, click Start Compilation.
- After successful compilation, a .sof file is available in your specified directory. Follow these steps to program the hardware example design on the Intel® Agilex™ device:
- Connect Intel® Agilex™ F-Series Transceiver-SoC Development Kit to the host computer.
- Launch the Clock Control application, which is part of the development kit, and set new frequencies for the design example. Below is the frequency setting in the Clock Control application:
- Si5338 (U37), CLK1- 100 MHz
- Si5338 (U36), CLK2- 153.6 MHz
- Si549 (Y2), OUT- Set to the value of pll_ref_clk 1 per your design requirement.
- On the Tools menu, click Programmer.
- In the Programmer, click Hardware Setup.
- Select a programming device.
- Select and add the Intel® Agilex™ F-Series Transceiver-SoC Development Kit to which your Intel® Quartus® Prime session can connect.
- Ensure that Mode is set to JTAG.
- Select the Intel® Agilex™ device and click Add Device. The Programmer displays a block diagram of the connections between the devices on your board.
- In the row with your .sof, check the box for the .sof.
- Check the box in the Program/Configure column.
- Click Start.
Did you find the information on this page useful?