22.214.171.124. Writing an SD Card Image onto the Micro SD Flash Card
The SD card image linux_sd_card_image.tgz is included in the Cyclone V SoC Development Kit Reference Platform, available with the SDK. Ensure that the environment variable AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT points to the location of the board_env.xml file in the Reference Platform.
You must have sudo or root privileges.
- To decompress the $INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT/board/c5soc/linux_sd_card_image.tgz file, run the tar xvfz linux_sd_card_image.tgz command.
- Insert the micro SD flash card into a card reader, and connect the reader to your PC.
- If the flash card already contains an image, partitions will exist automatically in the micro SD card. Unmount or eject all these partitions.
- Run the dmesg | tail command to verify the device name of the flash card (for example, /dev/sde).
- Write the SD card image onto the micro SD flash card by running the following commands:
sudo dd if=linux_sd_card_image of=/dev/sde bs=1M
syncAttention: If the device name of your micro SD flash card is not /dev/sde, replace /dev/sde in the above command with the device name you obtain from Step 3.Warning: Specifying the wrong device name might cause the SD card image to overwrite all existing data.
- After you write the image onto the micro SD flash card, insert the card into the micro SD card slot on the Cyclone V SoC Development Kit.