1. Introduction to Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing 2. System Requirements and Prerequisites 3. Downloading and Installing Intel FPGA Software 4. Licensing Intel® FPGA Software 5. About Intel® FPGA Software License Files A. Getting Hardware Information for License B. Intel FPGA Software Installation and Licensing Archives C. Document Revision History for Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing
3.1. Software Available in the Download Center 3.2. Installation Path 3.3. Downloading and Installing with Individual Executable Files 3.4. Downloading and Installing Using .tar Files 3.5. Intel® Quartus® Prime Environment Variables 3.6. Starting the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software 3.7. Installing Programming Cable Drivers 3.8. Installing and Configuring a JTAG Server 3.9. Adding Device Support and Other Intel FPGA Software to Existing Installation 3.10. Managing Multiple Versions and Copies of Intel FPGA Software 3.11. Updating Intel FPGA Software 3.12. Uninstalling Intel FPGA Software
4.4.1. Intel® Quartus® Prime Software License 4.4.2. Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition and Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software License 4.4.3. Intel® Quartus® Prime Lite Edition Software License 4.4.4. Intellectual Property (IP) Cores Licenses 4.4.5. Development Kits Containing the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software 4.4.6. Nios® II Embedded Design Suite License 4.4.7. Siemens EDA* AXI Verification IP Suite License (Intel FPGA Edition) 4.4.8. University Program Software Licenses
4.5.1. Installing the FLEXlm License Manager Server Software on Another License Server 4.5.2. Upgrading the FLEXlm License Manager Server Software 4.5.3. (Windows Only) Starting and Stopping the License Server 4.5.4. (Windows Only) Starting the License Server Automatically 4.5.5. Rereading an Existing License File on a License Server
3.1. Software Available in the Download Center
- Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro, Standard, and Lite Edition software1 (includes the Nios® II EDS plug-in and IP Library)
- Starting with Nios II EDS in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition version 19.2 and Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition version 19.1, the Cygwin component in the Windows version of Nios® II EDS has been removed and replaced with WSL.
- Starting with Nios® II EDS version 19.1, the Nios® II EDS requires the Eclipse IDE component to be manually installed.
- Intel® Quartus® Prime Help
- Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition software
- DSP Builder for Intel® FPGAs
- FLEXlm license server software
- Advanced Link Analyzer
- Stand-alone Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer and Tools1
- Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ 2 3
- Intel® High Level Synthesis Compiler
- Intel® FPGA Power and Thermal Calculator
You must install device support for Agilex™ , Intel® eASIC™ N5X, Stratix® , Arria® , Cyclone® , or MAX® device families as part of the Intel® Quartus® Prime installation.
Note: You can also obtain older versions of software and legacy software from the Download Center. However, 13.0 and older releases are discontinued. For more information about this software discontinuation, refer to Custom Advisory ADV2011 document.
1 This product includes software derived from the RSA Data Security, Inc. Secure Hash Algorithm-1 (SHA-1).
2 The Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ is based on a published Khronos Specification, and has passed the Khronos Conformance Testing Process. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance.
3 OpenCL™ and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission of the Khronos Group™.