- Rebranded Altera SDK for OpenCL to Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ .
- Rebranded Altera Offline Compiler to Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Offline Compiler.
- Modified instructions on building and modifying an SD flash card image.
- Modified instructions on recompiling the Linux kernel and the OpenCL Linux kernel driver.
- Maintenance release, and changed instances of Quartus® II to Quartus® Prime.
- In FPGA Reconfiguration, removed instruction to reprogram the FPGA core with a .rbf image by invoking the cat <image_filename>.rbf > /dev/fpga0 command because this method is not recommended.
- Renamed the document as Altera Cyclone V SoC Development Kit Reference Platform Porting Guide.
- Updated the reprogram utility to the aocl program <device_name> <your_kernel_filename>.aocx utility command.
- Updated the diagnostic utility to the aocl diagnose and aocl diagnose <device_name> utility command.
- Updated the procedure in the Porting the Reference Platform to Your SoC Board section to include instructions on porting and modifying the c5soc board partition to create a timing-clean partition for the guaranteed timing closure flow.
- Inserted the topic Updating a Ported Reference Platform to outline the procedures for the following tasks:
- Excluding the hard processor system (HPS) block in the board partition
- Updating the SD flash card image
- Updated the Building an SD Flash Card Image section. Recommended using version 14.0 of the Golden System Reference Design (GSRD) image as the starting point instead of the image available with SoC Embedded Design Suite (EDS).
- Updated the Recompiling the Linux Kernel and the OpenCL Linux Kernel Driver section:
- Added instruction to set the CROSS_COMPILE variable.
- Changed the command you run to verify that the CMA is enabled successfully.
| July 2014