2.11. The Intel® Quartus® Prime Tcl Shell in Interactive Mode Example
This example assumes you already have the fir_filter tutorial design files in a project directory.
- To run the interactive Tcl shell, type the following at the system command prompt:
- Create a new project called fir_filter, with a revision called filtref by typing:
project_new -revision filtref fir_filterNote:
Because the revision named filtref matches the top-level file, all design files are automatically picked up from the hierarchy tree.
- If the project file and project name are the same, the Intel® Quartus® Prime software gives the revision the same name as the project.
- If a .qpf file for this project already exists, the Intel® Quartus® Prime software will display an error stating that the project already exists.
- Set a global assignment for the device:
set_global_assignment -name family <device family name>To learn more about assignment names that you can use with the -name option, refer to Intel® Quartus® Prime Help.Note: For assignment values that contain spaces, enclose the value in quotation marks.
- To compile a design, use the ::quartus::flow package, which properly exports the new project assignments and compiles the design with the proper sequence of the command-line executables. First, load the package:
- To perform a full compilation of the FIR filter design, use the execute_flow command with the -compile option:
This command compiles the FIR filter tutorial project, exporting the project assignments and running quartus_map, quartus_fit, quartus_asm , and quartus_sta. This sequence of events is the same as selecting Processing > Start Compilation in the Intel® Quartus® Prime GUI.
- When you are finished with a project, close it with the project_close command.
- To exit the interactive Tcl shell, type exit at a Tcl prompt.
Did you find the information on this page useful?