2.1.1. OpenCore Plus IP Evaluation
Altera's free OpenCore® Plus feature allows you to evaluate licensed MegaCore® IP cores in simulation and hardware before purchase. You only need to purchase a license for MegaCore IP cores if you decide to take your design to production. OpenCore Plus supports the following evaluations:
- Simulate the behavior of a licensed IP core in your system.
- Verify the functionality, size, and speed of the IP core quickly and easily.
- Generate time-limited device programming files for designs that include IP cores.
- Program a device with your IP core and verify your design in hardware.
OpenCore Plus evaluation supports the following two operation modes:
- Untethered—run the design containing the licensed IP for a limited time.
- Tethered—run the design containing the licensed IP for a longer time or indefinitely. This requires a connection between your board and the host computer.
Note: All IP cores that use OpenCore Plus time out simultaneously when any IP core in the design times out.
Did you find the information on this page useful?