BRNG Test Descriptions
Most of empirical tests used for the VS BRNGs are well documented (for example, see [Mars95], [Ziff98]). This section describes these tests and the testing procedure in greater detail since tests may vary in their applicability and implementation for a particular BRNG. In addition, this section provides figures of merit that are used to decide on passing vs. failure in one- or two level testing. For the underlying criteria of the test, see Interpreting Test Results section.
This section does not discuss non-deterministic RNGs. These generators are tested using a battery of NIST tests, a statistical test suite for random generators for cryptographic applications, [NIST800-22].
- 3D Spheres Test
- Birthday Spacing Test
- Bitstream Test
- Rank of 31x31 Binary Matrices Test
- Rank of 32x32 Binary Matrices Test
- Rank of 6x8 Binary Matrices Test
- Count-the-1's Test (Stream of Bits)
- Count-the-1's Test (Stream of Specific Bytes)
- Craps Test
- Parking Lot Test
- Self-Avoiding Random Walk Test
- Template Test
Did you find the information on this page useful?