Enabling Innovation with Security at the Core
Security is a system property rooted in hardware, with every component from software to silicon playing a role in helping secure data and maintain device integrity. We have a suite of technologies to build and execute on a defense in-depth strategy, with solutions spanning threat detection, data/content protection, memory protection and more.
Intel's security solutions meet specific challenges centered around three key priorities:
- Foundational Security: critical protection to help verify trustworthiness of devices and data.
- Workload and Data Protection: trusted execution for hardware-isolated data protection.
- Software Reliability: platforms that help protect against a range of cybersecurity threats.
Together, these innovations help drive our vision for a world where all data is encrypted.
Ensuring a critical base of protection across the platform, focused on identity and integrity. Intel has a long history delivering technology to help ensure the platform comes up correctly and runs as expected. Our security engines have been used more than a billion times worldwide, and our processors feature enhanced cryptography to accelerate performance and help secure global commerce.
- Intel® Crypto Acceleration
- Intel® Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions (Intel® AES-NI)
- Intel® BIOS Guard
- Intel® Boot Guard
- Intel® Converged Security and Management Engine (Intel® CSME)
- Intel® Platform Firmware Resilience (Intel® PFR)
- Intel® Platform Trust Technology (Intel® PTT)
- Intel® QuickAssist Technology (Intel® QAT)
- Intel® Runtime BIOS Resilience
- Intel® System Resources Defense
- Intel® System Security Report
- Intel® Total Memory Encryption (Intel® TME)
- Tunable Replica Circuit – Fault Injection Detection
- Intel® Total Memory Encryption – Multi-Key (Intel® TME-MK)
- Intel® Trusted Execution Technology (Intel® TXT)
Workload and Data Protection
Providing every legitimate workload with a trusted execution environment for hardware-isolated protection of data in use, scaled to fit workloads of varying sizes.
Once we have a solid foundation, security technologies extend to help protect virtual machines and operating systems against targeted attacks.
Intel delivers hardware platforms with protections against common and emerging software attacks, which increases efficiency and preserves performance. We are working to harden software and move select security capabilities to hardware, adding more layers of verification.
- Extended Page Tables Sub-page Write Protection (EPT-SPP)
- Intel® Control-Flow Enforcement Technology (Intel® CET)
- Intel® Threat Detection Technology (Intel® TDT)
- Anomalous Behavior Detection for Intel TDT
- Page Protection Keys
- User-Mode Instruction Prevention (UMIP)