2.2. Streaming DMA Test System
- AFU DFH—stores the 64-bit device feature header (DFH) for the streaming DMA AFU. The host software enumerates the DFH list (scans) that is searching for the AFU. The DMA driver enumerates the DFH list that is searching for DMA BBBs. The AFU DFH is setup to point to the next DFH at offset 0x100.
- M2S DMA BBB—reads buffers from memory and provides the data as a serial stream to the Avalon-ST source port. In this design example, the streaming data is sent to the pattern checker.
- S2M DMA BBB—accepts a serial stream of data from its Avalon-ST port and writes the data to buffers in memory. In this design example, the streaming data is sent from the pattern generator.
- Pattern Checker and Generator—these modules are programmed by the host with an incrementing pattern. The supplied host software configures each component with a pattern that increments by one for every increasing byte.
- Clock Crossing Bridge—this module has been added between the streaming DMAs and the local FPGA external memory to operate the streaming DMA AFU in the pClk clock domain.
- Pipeline Bridge—this module has been added between the M2S DMA BBB and host read interface of the CCI-P to Avalon® -MM adapter to improve the maximum operating frequency (Fmax) of the streaming DMA AFU.
- Far Reach Avalon-MM Bridge—this module has been added between the S2M DMA BBB and host write interface of the CCI-P to Avalon® -MM adapter to improve the maximum operating frequency (Fmax). It also sends write responses from the CCI-P interface to the S2M DMA.
- Null DFH—A DFH with its last DFH field set to terminate the DFH list. This module helps you to add more DMA channels to the design and have a module to terminate the DFH list.
- Streaming Decimator—performs loopback testing that programmatically filters out streaming data. This block emulates a hardware accelerator that performs reduction operations (compression for example). It can also be configured for pass-through operation.
- Streaming Multiplexer/De-multiplexer—2:1 and 1:2 multiplexer and de-multiplexer that route the streaming data either to the pattern checker and generator or perform loopback testing between the M2S and S2M DMAs.
Did you find the information on this page useful?