2.3. Initializing the Intel® Acceleration Stack for OpenCL* in a Virtualized Environment
Follow the installation instructions from the Quick Start Guide to set up the Intel® PAC with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA Intel® FPGA PAC D5005.
Once the stack setup is complete, follow the steps below to setup OpenCL on Intel® FPGA PAC D5005.
You can run the OPAE software in a non-virtualized environment with the Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) disabled or in a virtualized environment with the SR-IOV enabled.
- Program the required OpenCL* configuration from the host machine by typing the following command:
aocl program <device name> <filename>
You can see the device name in the output for aocl diagnose and you can use one of the pre-compiled bitstream for programming. For example,
$ aocl program acl0 signed_vector_add.aocx aocl program: Running program from /home/DCPsupport/intelrtestack/a10_gx_pac_ias_1_2_1_pv/opencl/opencl_bsp/linux64/libexec Program succeed.
aocl program acl0 $OPAE_PLATFORM_ROOT/opencl/hello_world.aocxNote: The 1.2.1 Release does not allow partial reconfiguration in virtualized environment.Note: The 2.0.1 Release does not support partial reconfiguration in virtualized environment.
- Enable virtualization using the instructions from section Updating Settings Required for VFs and section Configuring the VF Port on the Host of the Quick Start Guide.
- Set the CL_CONTEXT_COMPILER_MODE_INTELFPGA environment variable in the virtual machine to disable FPGA configuration or reconfiguration during OpenCL* host runtime:
$ export CL_CONTEXT_COMPILER_MODE_INTELFPGA=3
- Run the required application from the virtual machine.
- Disable virtualization using the instruction from section Disconnecting the VF from the VM and Reconnecting to the PF of the Quick Start Guide.
Did you find the information on this page useful?