6. Compiling OpenCL* Kernels
- Set the user environment variable using one of the following commands:
source <DEV Install Path>/init_env.sh
- Ensure that the environment is setup with correct BSP using the following command:
aoc -list-boardsExample sample output:
Board list: pac_a10 Board Package: /home/username/inteldevstack/opencl_bsp
Board list: pac_s10_dc Board Package: /tools/<username>/dcp_2_0_1_PV_RC2/inteldevstack/d5005_ias_2_0_1_b237/opencl/opencl_bspBoard list:
- Compile an OpenCL Kernel to an aocx using commands similar to the following:
cd $OPAE_PLATFROM_ROOT/opencl/exm_opencl_vector_add_x64_linux/vector_add aoc device/vector_add.cl -o bin/vector_add.aocx -board pac_a10
cd $OPAE_PLATFROM_ROOT/opencl/vector_add aoc device/vector_add.cl -o bin/vector_add.aocx -board pac_s10_dc
- The security features of the Intel® PAC with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA requires the signing of metadata in a bitstream even if you don't intend to use the security features of the card. If you try to program the aocx file as is generated after the compilation in the above step, the PACSign tool gives the following error message:
$ aocl program acl0 hello_world.aocx aocl program: Running program from /home/DCPsupport/inteldevstack_1_2_1_pv/a10_gx_pac_ias_1_2_1_pv/opencl/opencl_bsp/linux64/libexec libopae-c reconf.c:427:fpgaReconfigureSlot() **ERROR** : Failed to reconfigure bitstream: Input/output error libopae-c reconf.c:450:fpgaReconfigureSlot() **ERROR** : PR incompatible bitstream error detected Error writing bitstream to FPGA: reconfiguration error Error programming device aocl program: Program failed
- If you are in the development process or have a new Intel® PAC with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA card with no root entry hash programmed to it, follow the instructions from this section Example: Creating an Unsigned .aocx File Using OpenSSL Manager to create an unsigned aocx file with only signing metadata.
- If you have Intel® PAC with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA with the root entry hash programmed, follow the steps from section Creating the OpenCL Bitstream to create signed aocx file with your preferred method.
- After you follow the steps above, depending on the condition of your Intel® PAC with Intel® Arria® 10 GX FPGA, you should be able to successfully program the signed or unsigned aocx file by using the following command:
aocl program acl0 <unsigned_file.aocx>
Did you find the information on this page useful?