Saving the IPS File Information to the Programming File
You can save the pin state information in the .ips into the .pof to avoid requiring two files. You will need only the programming file to program a device in ISP clamp mode. You can also use this programming file to create the .jam and .jbc files that contain the pin state information for the ISP clamp.
To save the pin state information from the .ips to the programming files, follow these steps:
- In the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer, add the programming file and the .ips.
- Click Save File and the Save Data To File As dialog box will appear.
- Specify the file name and turn on Include IPS file information.
- Click Save.
- The .pof with saved I/O pin state information supports ISP clamp operation only in the Intel® Quartus® Prime software. For third-party tools, use .jam or .jbc files if ISP clamp is required.
- When programming a device with ISP CLAMP enabled, the Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer will first look for the .ips. The software will only look for the pin state information in the .pof if the .ips is not found.
Did you find the information on this page useful?