5.1.6. Nios® II Embedded Design Suite License
With the Intel® FPGA IP Evaluation Mode feature, you can:
- Simulate the behavior of a Nios® II processor within your system.
- Verify the functionality of your design, as well as evaluate its size and speed quickly and easily.
- Generate time-limited device programming files for designs that include Nios II processors.
- Program a device and verify your design in hardware.
A license for the Nios® II processor core or the Nios® II development kit allows you to create, compile, and generate non-time-limited FPGA programming files and flash programming files. If you do not have a license, the programming files that you can create are time-limited.
You do not need a license to develop software using only the Nios® II Software Build Tools for Eclipse.
- Starting with Nios® II EDS in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition version 19.2 and Intel® Quartus® Prime Standard Edition version 19.1, the Cygwin component in the Windows version of Nios® II EDS has been removed and replaced with WSL.
Starting with Nios® II EDS version 19.1, the Nios® II EDS requires the Eclipse IDE component to be manually installed.
Did you find the information on this page useful?