5.3. Using a FLEXlm Options File
By default, the license server grabs licenses from the first matching FEATURE or INCREMENT line in the license file. If all the licenses in the first FEATURE or INCREMENT line are in use, the license server attempts to grab licenses from the next FEATURE or INCREMENT lines, until the end of the license file. A FLEXlm options file allows you to control which users can grab which licenses by creating pools of licenses for each FEATURE and INCREMENT line.
To create a FLEXlm options file that controls a floating license server:
- In a new text file, add a GROUP line for each user group you want to create, with a list of user names, separated by spaces for each group, as follows:
GROUP <group name> <username 1> <username 2>Users can be members of more than one group as shown in the following example:
GROUP quartus2010 kjones bknight root administrator
GROUP quartus2009 bknight cface root administrator
- Add an INCLUDE line for each INCREMENT and FEATURE line in the license file for the product you want to control.
Set the VERSION keyword to the maintenance date or version date on the INCREMENT or FEATURE line from the license file. The GROUP field controls which group or groups can use the license line as follows:
INCLUDE <product name>:VERSION=<maintenance date> GROUP <group name>For example:
INCLUDE quartus:VERSION=2010.12 GROUP quartus2010 INCLUDE quartus:VERSION=2009.06 GROUP quartus2009 INCLUDE ip_base:VERSION=2010.12 GROUP quartus2010 INCLUDE ip_base:VERSION=2009.06 GROUP quartus2009
- Save the options file <filename>.dat.
- Add the options file as the last option on the VENDOR line in the license file, as shown in the following example:
VENDOR alterad "C:\lic\alterad.exe" "C:\lic\alteraOptions.dat"
- Restart the FLEXlm license server, or reread the license file.
Did you find the information on this page useful?