2.1. Minimum Hardware Requirements
For the most up-to-date FPGA software operating system requirements, refer to the Operating System Support page. The Intel® Quartus® Prime software requires:
- A Windows* PC or Linux workstation.
- A minimum CPU of 64-bit Intel® Nethalem (2008) or an AMD Bulldozer (2011) microarchitecture processor with SSE4.2 instruction set or later.
- A monitor capable of at least 1024 x 768 display resolution.
- At least 36 GB of free disk space to contain copies of uncompressed version installation files. For disk space requirements for individual software components or Intel® FPGA IP cores, follow these instructions:
- Visit the FPGA Software Download Center.
- Select the desired software product from the collection.
- Within the selected software product landing page, see System Requirements section. For additional memory recommendations, refer to the release notes under Documentation Links section.
- Intel® recommends that your system be configured to provide virtual memory equal in size or larger than the recommended physical RAM size that is required to process your design.
- The disk space may be significantly more based on the device families included in the install.
- Prior to installation, the disk space should be enough to hold both zipped tar files and uncompressed installation files.
- After successful installation, delete the downloaded zipped files to release the disk space.
Did you find the information on this page useful?