3.8.4. Exporting a Design Partition
When you compile a design containing design partitions, the Compiler can preserve a synthesis or final snapshot of results for each partition. You can export the synthesized or final compilation results for individual design partitions with the Export Design Partition dialog box.
If the partition includes any entity-bound .sdc files, you can include those constraints in the .qdb. In addition, you can automate export of one or more partitions in the Design Partitions Window.
Manual Design Partition Export
Follow these steps to manually export a design partition with the Export Design Partition dialog box:
- Open a project and create one or more design partitions. Creating a Design Partition describes this process.
- Run synthesis (Processing > Start > Start Analysis & Synthesis) or full compilation (Processing > Start Compilation), depending on which compilation results that you want to export.
- Click Project > Export Design Partition, and specify one or more options in the Export Design Partition dialog box:
Figure 32. Export Design Partition Dialog Box
- Select the Partition name and the compilation Snapshot for export.
- To include any entity-bound .sdc files in the exported .qdb, turn on Include entity-bound SDC files for the selected partition.
- Click OK. The compilation results for the design partition exports to the file that you specify.
Automated Design Partition Export
Follow these steps to automatically export one or more design partitions following each compilation:
- Open a project containing one or more design partitions. Creating a Design Partition describes this process.
- To open the Design Partitions Window, click Assignments > Design Partitions Window.
- To automatically export a partition with synthesis results after each time you run synthesis, specify the a .qdb export path and file name for the Post Synthesis Export File option for that partition. If you specify only a file name without a path, the file exports to the output_files directory after compilation.
- To automatically export a partition with final snapshot results each time you run the Fitter, specify a .qdb file name for the Post Final Export File option for that partition. If you specify only a file name without a path, the file exports to the output_files directory after compilation.
.qsf Equivalent Assignment:
set_instance_assignment -name EXPORT_PARTITION_SNAPSHOT_<FINAL|SYNTHESIZED> \ <hpath> -to <file_name>.qdb
Did you find the information on this page useful?