1.1. Enabling and Setting up the Transceiver Toolkit
- Follow the steps in the Quartus Debugging Transceiver Links chapter of the Debug Tools User Guide: Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition to enable the Transceiver Toolkit with the Transceiver PHY.
- Open the Transceiver Toolkit.
Figure 2. Example: Receiver Channels Tab of the Channel Manager
- Select the following equalization settings as your starting point (the initial values) for high-speed link tuning.
Table 1. Initial Values Analog Parameter Settings ≤ 5 Gbps >5 Gbps to 10 Gbps >10 Gbps TX VOD 31 31 31 TX Pre-emphasis First Post-Tap1 2 -13 -13 -13 RX Equalizer Stage 1-stage (S1_MODE) or 4-stage (NON_S1_MODE) 4-Stage (NON_S1_MODE) 4-Stage (NON_S1_MODE) RX CTLE AC Gain 10 15 15 RX CTLE DC Gain 1 1 1 RX VGA 0 3 4
- Disable the settings not listed above.
- From the following table, select the test pattern based on the encoding scheme used in your design.
Table 2. Test Pattern Line Code ≤ 5 Gbps >5 Gbps to 10 Gbps >10 Gbps No encoding PRBS7 PRBS15 PRBS31 8b/10b encoding PRBS15 PRBS23 - 64b/66b encoding PRBS23 PRBS23 PRBS31
Did you find the information on this page useful?