A newer version of this document is available. Customers should click here to go to the newest version.
1.1. Prerequisites for the Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ Pro Edition
Accelerator boards requirements:
- Acquire a Reference Platform from Intel® , or a Custom Platform from an Intel® preferred board vendor.
For more information, refer to the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL FPGA Platforms page on the Intel® FPGA website.
Development system requirements:
- You must have administrator, root, or sudo privileges on the development system to install the necessary packages and drivers.
- The development system has at least 85 gigabytes (GB) of free disk space for software installation.
- For RAM requirements on the deployment system, follow these instructions:
Tip: Refer to board vendor's documentation on the recommended system storage size.
- Visit the FPGA Software Download Center.
- Select the desired software product from the collection.
- Within the selected software product landing page, see System Requirements section. For additional memory recommendations, refer to the latest Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro Edition release notes.
- For PCI Express* ( PCIe* ) accelerator boards, the host machine motherboard must have an available PCIe* port slot that is at least the same width (that is, the same number of PCIe* lanes) as the board.
The host system must be running one of the following supported operating systems:
- For a list of supported Windows and Linux operating systems, refer to the Operating System Support page on the Intel® FPGA website.
Develop your host application using one of the following Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ - and Intel® Quartus® Prime software-compatible C compiler or software development environment:
- For Windows systems, use Microsoft Visual Studio Professional and Microsoft Visual C++ versions 2015 or later.
Note: Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ plug-ins support Windows* 10 and Windows* Server 2016 systems, with installed Microsoft Visual Studio* 2017 or 2019 version. For correct working of Visual Studio plug-ins, you should have installed extensions for C/C++ Development, for example, Desktop development with C++ and Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5 or higher. For more information about the IDE workflow on Microsoft Visual Studio, refer to FPGA Workflows in Microsoft Visual Studio.
- For Linux systems, use Eclipse 2019-12 or later and GCC 7.2.0. For more information about GCC, refer to GCC Requirement.
Note: For correct working of Eclipse extensions, you should have installed C/C++ Development Tools and Java SE 11 or higher. For more information about the IDE workflow on Eclipse, refer to FPGA Workflows in Eclipse.
Linux systems require the Perl command version 5 or later. Include the path to the Perl command in your PATH system environment variable setting.
For Intel® FPGA SDK for OpenCL™ packages that include Intel Code Builder, Intel Code Builder requires Java SE version 1.8.71 or later to run.
Did you find the information on this page useful?