1.1. Definitions 1.2. Description of the Altera Serial Flash Controller 1.3. Scenarios for Booting Nios II from EPCQ Flash 1.4. Nios II Processor Configuration and Boot Flow 1.5. Steps to Build a Bootable System 1.6. EPCQ HAL Driver 1.7. Nios II Processor Booting Elements 1.8. Revision History for Nios II Booting From Altera Serial Flash (EPCQ)
- In the Nios® II SBT window, select File > Nios II Application to create a new application. Develop your Nios® II application. Alternatively, you can use a template for the application creation.
- Point your application to the BSP location that you have created in the previous section.
- Once the application development finishes, right-click on the project in Project Explorer and select Build Project. A *.elf file is create under the project folder.
- Next, generate the HEX file using the mem_init_generate utility. Right-click on the project in Project Explorer and select Make Targets > Build. The Make Targets window opens as shown below.
Figure 10. Make Targets Window
- Select mem_init_generate and click Build. Make sure epcq_controller_0.hex is created under the mem_init folder.
Did you find the information on this page useful?