1.4. Generating the EMIF Design Example for Simulation
- Verify that the Presets window is visible. If the Presets window is not visible, display it by selecting .
- In the Presets window, select the appropriate development kit preset and click Apply.
- Configure the EMIF IP and click Generate Example Design in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Specify a directory for the EMIF design example and click OK.
Successful generation of the EMIF design example creates multiple file sets for various supported simulators, under a sim/ed_sim directory.
If you don't select the Simulation or Synthesis checkbox, the destination directory will contain Platform Designer design files, which are not compilable by the Intel® Quartus® Prime software directly, but can be viewed or edited under the Platform Designer. In this situation you can run the following commands to generate synthesis and simulation file sets.
- To create a compilable project, you must run the quartus_sh -t make_qii_design.tcl script in the destination directory.
- To create a simulation project, you must run the quartus_sh -t make_sim_design.tcl script in the destination directory.
Did you find the information on this page useful?