Learning with AI - Intel on AI Season 3, Episode 7
Milena is the Vice President of Data and AI Solutions at Microsoft. At the time of recording this podcast (April 2021), Milena was the visionary and driving force behind the award-winning AI calculus tutoring application Aida and its capabilities platform in the AI Products & Solutions Group, which she founded and led at Pearson. Bringing over 15 years of experience and knowledge in machine learning, neural networks, computer vision, and the commercialization of new technologies, Milena’s background includes an MBA from IMD in Lausanne, Switzerland, and a B.Sc. with Honors in Computer Science from Caltech. She is a passionate advocate for innovation and has been a Venture Partner with Atlantic Bridge Capital, helping with AI investments and portfolio companies. Milena is also a co-founder and advisor to several startups in Europe and the US and has previously held management positions at the startup incubator Idealab, as well as executive roles at Intel.
In this podcast episode, Amir and Milena discuss some of the challenges of developing artificial intelligence products, going from academic research into commercial deployment, and the importance of data policy by design. Milena describes some of the lessons she’s learned over the years.
Academic research discussed in the podcast episode:
- Learning from Data
- The Multi-Armed Bandit Problem: Decomposition and Computation
- Programmable Neural Logic
- Bubble Blinders: The Untold Story of the Search Business Model
- Regulating Innovation (conference panel)
- Intel RealSense Stereoscopic Depth Cameras
- Smart Robots: From the Lab to the World (podcast)
- Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
- Self-supervised Learning: The Dark Matter of Intelligence