This download record installs Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software 21.40.5 including driver for Windows 7*. Driver version may differ depending on the wireless adapter installed.
- Windows 7, 64-bit*
- Size: 174.7 MB
- SHA1: 82BA54FCA9973F43263FBC610D88348A7AF9E4AE
- Windows 7, 32-bit*
- Size: 145.9 MB
- SHA1: F0B8B88753B6013A8D97A726D7633B2C5C02AB10
Please be aware that driver version 21.40.5 is the last available version of the wireless driver for Windows 7* and Windows 8.1* operating systems. This software has been End of Life and no additional support will be provided to these drivers.
Intel® PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software is recommended for end users, including home users and business customers who do not need advanced IT administrator tools.
Software and drivers
Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software (includes drivers) for Windows 7*:
- WiFi_21.40.5_PROSet32_Win7.exe (32-bit)
- WiFi_21.40.5_PROSet64_Win7.exe (64-bit)
Intel PROSet/Wireless WiFi Software version = 21.40.5
- Driver version = 184.108.40.206 for Windows 7 for 18265, 8265, 3168, 18260, 8260, 17265, 7265 (Rev. D), and 3165.
- Note: This Software Release version does not include new drivers for the Intel® Wireless 7265 Family (Rev.C), Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 and Intel® Wireless 7260 Family adapters. Please refer to the following link for latest available drivers here.
When you update the software package, it might not update the wireless adapter driver if it includes the same driver as the previous release.
Some software features are not installed by default. For more information, visit: Learn about Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software.
Not sure what to download?
- Confirm you have the Windows 7* operating system before installing. Check if your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Determine which file type to download for your wireless adapter.
- Intel® Wireless Adapter driver versions of some products may not update. Ensure this download supports your wireless adapter.
To determine which wireless adapter is installed in your computer system:
- Automatically detect and update your drivers and software with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant.
- Manually identify your Intel Wireless Adapter and driver version number.
How to install
- Download the file to a folder on your PC.
- Double click on the file to launch installation.
Looking for drivers only
- Visit the IT Administrator Link for Intel PROset/Wireless software and drivers for IT Admins.
- Go to the "download link".
- Search for the appropriate Operating System.
- Download, unzip and install the correct driver.
See the release notes for supported hardware, what is new, bug fixes, and known issues.
About Intel® drivers
The driver or software for your Intel® component might have been changed or replaced by the computer manufacturer. We recommend you work with your computer manufacturer before installing our driver so you don’t lose features or customizations.
This download is valid for the product(s) listed below.
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265
- Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 Desktop Kit
- Intel® Wireless-N 7265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N 7265
- Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 17265
- Intel® Tri-Band Wireless-AC 18260
Automatic Driver and Software Updates
Identify your products and install Intel driver and software updates for your Windows* system.
Product and Performance Information
Intel is in the process of removing non-inclusive language from our current documentation, user interfaces, and code. Please note that retroactive changes are not always possible, and some non-inclusive language may remain in older documentation, user interfaces, and code.