Click or the topic for details:
The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software package consists of the following key components:
The Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software package includes different Wi-Fi drivers for the Intel® Wireless Adapter supported by the package. The Wi-Fi driver version may be different than the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software package version.
For example, in Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software 19.50.1, the Wi-Fi driver version for Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 is 220.127.116.11.
See Understanding the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Version and the Driver Version for further details.
Not installed by default.
IT Administrators can use this tool to create custom network profile packages. They can export the packages to client systems running Microsoft Windows*.
Intel® PROSet/Wireless Wi-Fi Connection Utility (Intel® PROSet/Wireless Enterprise Software)1
Not installed by default and Windows® 10 does not support the utility.
Provides functional Wi-Fi connection management, including:
- Creating and modifying network profiles
- Connecting to Wi-Fi network
- Controlling Wi-Fi radio
This utility is designed primarily for Windows XP* and Windows 7*. It provides extra Wi-Fi features not natively supported in the Windows operating system. When installed, you also install the following subset of tools:
- WPS Connection Tool: Lets you connect to a wireless access point using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). Windows 10 does not support this tool. The Windows operating system now natively supports the functionality.
- Intel® Wireless Troubleshooter: This tool helps resolve basic issues with wireless network connections. Windows 10 does not support this tool. Newer versions of Windows have built-in diagnostics capabilities.
- Wireless Event Viewer: Tracks, displays, and logs wireless events in files that you can send to customer support.
- Manual Diagnostics Tool: Allows to run a basic set of diagnostics that verify the functionality of your Wi-Fi adapter.
- Intel Advanced Statistics: Shows information on the Wi-Fi connection to the wireless access point.
Wireless Software Extensions
Support for features like the Cisco Compatible Extensions (CCX) may be available for your computer.
CCX is not installed by default from Intel® PROSet Wireless Software version 19.0 and later. To install, see Cisco* Compatible Extensions (CCX) Features and Support from Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software 19.0 and Later
1 These features are not installed by default. To install, see how to do a customized installation of Intel® PROSet Wireless Software.
|Download the Latest Driver for Your Intel® Wireless Adapter|
|Install Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software|
|Feature Comparison for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software Enterprise|