Downloading the Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition and Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software
To download the software with individual executable files:
- Visit the FPGA Software Download Center page.
- Using the left-hand filter pane, perform the following steps to refine the search results:
- Select the Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software option. This displays three Intel® Quartus® Prime software editions (Pro, Standard or Lite).
- Select the Intel® Quartus® Prime Pro software edition. This displays a list of supported software versions.
- Select the operating system (Linux or Microsoft Windows*).
- In the refined list of pages, click on the desired page to download the software.
- Under the Downloads section, click the Individual Files tab.
- Download the Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition (Includes Starter Edition) software file(s) by clicking the Download button below each file name.
Refer to Downloading and Installing Intel FPGA Software in the Intel® FPGA Software Installation and Licensing for additional information.
Generating the License
You can obtain a license for the Questa*-Intel® FPGA Edition and Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition software from the Intel® FPGA Self Service Licensing Center (SSLC). If you do not have access to SSLC, you must first complete registering to SSLC and create an account by visiting Register for Intel® FPGA Self Service Licensing Center (SSLC).
Follow these steps to generate the license:
- Go to the Intel® FPGA Self-Service Licensing Center (SSLC).
- Select the Sign up for Evaluation or Free Licenses option on the menu bar.
- In the list of products displayed, select the Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition SW-QUESTA option.
- Under the # of Seats column, enter the number of seats you require.
- Click Get License. A pop-up window displays asking you to which computer should the license be assigned. You can use one of the following options:
- Option 1: Click Create a New Computer if you want to assign the license to a new computer. You must provide information about the required hardware and license type. For information about the license type, refer to Intel® FPGA Software License Types. For information about how to extract information about your computer hardware, refer to Hardware Information Required When You Request a License.
- Option 2: Click Assign an Existing Computer and search for the computer name/NIC ID that you have created previously in your My Intel® account. To view your list of computers, use of the following options:
- Visit the License Assistant and select
- On the SSLC menu bar, click Computers and License Files and select the desired option.
- Click Generate. You receive an email with the license attached to your registered email address.
- Save the license.dat file on your computer (for example, ~/intelFPGA_pro/LR-xxxxxx_License.dat).
Setting Up the Questa*-Intel® FPGA Starter Edition Software License
After you receive and save the license.dat file on your computer, follow these instructions:
On Windows System
- Go to This PC, right-click, and select Properties.
- Click Advanced System Setting.
- In the Advanced tab, select Environment Variable.
- Under System variables, create a new variable with the name as LM_LICENSE_FILE and value as <license.dat file path>.
- Click OK and restart the Questa* software.
setx LM_LICENSE_FILE <path_to_license_file>;%LM_LICENSE_FILE%
For example: setx LM_LICENSE_FILE C:\intelFPGA\license.dat;%LM_LICENSE_FILE%
On Linux System
export LM_LICENSE_FILE=<path to license>:$LM_LICENSE_FILE
setenv LM_LICENSE_FILE "<path_to_license_file>"
Renewing the License
The software license expires 12 months after the date of purchase. To renew an expired license file, revisit the SSLC. You can renew a license only for the version that you purchased.
Did you find the information on this page useful?