18.104.22.168. RSU Image Layout – Your Perspective
The sub-partition table (SPT) is used for managing the allocation of the quad SPI flash.
The Intel® Quartus® Prime Programming File Generator creates the SPT when creating the initial manufacturing image. To ensure reliable operation, the Programming File Generator creates two copies of the sub-partition table and the configuration pointer block, SPT0 and SPT1 and CPB0 and CPB1
The initial RSU image stored in flash typically contains the following partitions:
|Decision firmware and decision firmware data
|Sub-partition table 0
|Sub-partition table 1
|Pointer block 0
|Pointer block 1
|Application image 1
|Application image 2
- SPT0 and SPT1 point to everything:
- Factory Image
- Pointer Block 0 and Pointer Block 1
- All Application Images
- Pointer Block 0 and Pointer Block 1 point to all Application Images
- You do not need to know the addresses of the decision firmware, decision firmware data, and factory image.
- You have access to the sub-partition tables. The sub-partition tables provide access to the data structures required for remote system update.