1.2.3. Setting up SD Host/Card Reader to Work with The MDN-B2 Demo Setup
To set up the SD host/card reader to work with the MDN-B2 demo setup, perform the following steps:
- Use a general purpose USB SD card reader modified to access the card detect line from its SD socket.
- Ensure that the USB cable to the SD card reader is disconnected and the power switch on the MDN-B2 is turned off.
- Fix the SD card-shaped PCB adapter in the SD card reader’s SD socket, and then insert two SD memory card devices in the two SD sockets on the MDN-B2.
- Connect the card detect line tapped from the SD card reader to the MDN-B2 board through pin 5 on JP8.
- Turn on the MDN-B2 and then connect the USB cable to the SD card reader.
“My Computer” on the PC to which the card reader is connected shows one of the SD memory cards.
- Using the parallel port utility, perform a write operation into the I2C slave.
Observe the corresponding changes in the “My Computer” listing of the appropriate SD memory card that was multiplexed.
- To do a write I2C operation, press Start followed by Write Byte. Enter hex byte 00 in the field adjacent to Write Data and click Write Data.
- This will select one of the SD devices. Similarly, writing FF will select the other SD device. LED D12 on the MDN-B2 will change its state accordingly.
Did you find the information on this page useful?